Those interested in establishing and/or being a part of a highly productive team.
This program will develop and refine the skills essential for a high performance team. Emphasis is placed on learning more effective ways to enhance total team functionality and maximum team productivity. Individual communication styles will be assessed and examined to identify the most appropriate uses of team strengths.
This will be an active experience. In addition to receiving individual assessment information, participants will be exposed to team concepts, theories and skill development through the use of lectures, videos, readings, role plays, case studies and discussions. This course has been constructed to maximize opportunity to improve both knowledge and practical skills in managing a team and/or being a team player.
- Definition and purpose of teams
- Characteristics of a high performance team
- Gaining clarity of goal and worthiness
- Developing a team charter
- Gaining commitment
- Team collaboration and trust
- Establishing operational norms
- Stages of team development
- Team roles and relationships
- System influences
- Conditions for effective team building
- Individual and team assessments
- Team communications
- Group dynamics
- Problem solving in teams
- Developing personal plans to improve team effectiveness
- Team leadership
- Effective team meetings
- Monitoring team progress