Gas Reservoir Management - GRM
About the Course
Natural gas production has become a major part of every petroleum company's asset base and continues to grow in importance throughout the world. This course will help participants understand the engineering drivers on gas reservoir management and how a gas reservoir's value can be maximized through sound engineering practices. A full spectrum of gas reservoir engineering techniques is addressed and their application to a large variety of gas resource management options is discussed.
This course covers conventional reservoirs.
"Teacher was very good. Has a lot of practical experience and interesting stories." - Reservoir Engineer, Germany
"Liked the presentation and the flow of the examples - hands on exercises." - Reservoir Engineer, United Kingdom
Engineers actively involved with the operation and management of gas reservoirs; geoscientists working with gas reservoirs in field development and expansion planning would also benefit from attending this course.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Evaluate gas reservoir data and prepare this data for engineering calculations
- Apply frequently used gas reservoir engineering techniques
- Perform production decline type curve analysis and use other advanced reservoir calculations such as simulation
- Solve reservoir engineering calculations through the use of many practical exercises
- Gas reservoir fluid properties: gas condensate sampling and understanding laboratory reports
- Gas reservoir fluid flow and well testing: deliverability testing and non-darcy flow, testing for hydraulically fractured wells, horizontal wells, and gas condensate reservoirs
- Determination of original gas-in-place: material balance techniques for various drive mechanisms and reservoir types, alternate plotting techniques, production decline type curves
- Gas flow in wellbores and pipelines: the gas production system, pressure drop in wellbores and flowlines, restrictions to gas production
- Prediction of future performance and ultimate recovery: decline curves, coupled material balance and deliverability techniques, reservoir simulation, gas well spacing and infill drilling
- Special topics
- Reservoir management of water-drive gas reservoirs, predicting gas condensate reservoir performance, coalbed methane reservoirs