Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage
About the Skill Module
This skill module provides a 30,000‐foot view of the emerging field of CO2 capture from stationary industrial emissions sources – primarily combustion operations. CO2 capture is part of the so‐called “CCUS” chain – CO2 Capture, Utilization and Storage – wherein CO2 is prevented from entering the atmosphere by removing it from flue gas or other vent streams, transported to an appropriate location, and injected deep underground into secure geologic formations or utilized.
This course is useful for senior and middle management and for anyone involved in the integration of low carbon power generation technologies into existing and future infrastructure.
You Will Learn
You will learn how to:
- Describe the scale of CO2 emissions and their impact
- Identify the major industrial emissions sources and their characteristics
- Explain the meaning of CCUS
- Recognize the major technology approaches to CO2 capture and which are deployed
- Identify the CCS value chain
- Review the drivers and restrainers to deployment