Process Hazards Analysis and Layers of Protection Analysis
About the Skill Module
This skill module addresses Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA). It will cover PHA definitions, concepts, and techniques, as well as the definition and purpose of LOPA and the LOPA procedure.
Anyone who needs to work with process safety engineers; this would include facilities engineers, operations and maintenance supervisors, project engineers and managers, entry level process safety engineers, experienced professionals new to oil and gas, and anyone who needs a general understanding of the breadth of the process safety engineering discipline. Technical staff from insurance companies and regulatory agencies have found the content useful.
You Will Learn
- The purpose, premise, and scope of a PHA
- PHA methodology, including HAZOP and API14C
- The differences between methods, including benefits and disadvantages
- The purpose and steps of a LOPA procedure
- The role of independent protection layers and conditional modifiers in LOPA
Disciplines:Process Facilities Health, Safety, Environment
Product Type:Individual Skill Module
Duration:3.5 hours (approx.)