Wind Power Generation
About the Skill Module
This skill module covers horizontal and vertical axis wind turbines, siting, and sizing.
This course is useful for senior and middle management and for anyone involved in the integration of low carbon power generation technologies into existing and future infrastructure.
You Will Learn
- Discuss the design and application of HAWT and VAWT wind turbines
- Calculate required wind turbine capacity based on power needed
- Calculate power available from the wind
- Choose appropriate sites for wind turbine installations
- Identify the key differences between onshore and offshore wind turbine installations
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of offshore versus onshore wind turbines
- List the countries with the highest installed wind turbine-based power generation capacity
- Describe the process of locating suitable sites for wind turbine installation
- Describe the construction process of installing offshore and onshore wind turbines