MR. STEVE METCALF has worked in the petroleum industry for approximately 40 years in both service and operating companies in Texas and Oklahoma. Within his career, he held various research and engineering positions, including 11 years in Acid Research. With Baker Hughes, he held the position of Senior Engineering Advisor with a primary focus in Production Enhancement. He also spent nearly seven years as the Technical Manager in the Permian Basin area for Baker Hughes US Land Pressure Pumping in Midland, TX. In addition to facilitating a variety of top tier, engaging learning events for PetroSkills, Steve owns an independent consulting company, Dead Branch Consulting LLC. Mr. Metcalf has a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, with a double minor in Mathematics and Physics from Emporia State University. He also has a Master's of Science Degree in Physical Chemistry from Kansas State University. Steve is a Registered Professional Petroleum Engineer in Oklahoma since 1988, a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers since 1977, and has co-authored over 60 papers in the areas of cementing, acidizing, and fracturing. In addition, Mr. Metcalf is an inventor and co-inventor on six US patents.
- Cementing Practices - Cementing II - CEP
- Horizontal and Multilateral Wells: Completions and Stimulation - HML2
- Primary Cementing - Cementing I - PCE
- Acidizing Applications in Sandstones and Carbonates - ASC
- Hydraulic Fracturing Applications - HFU
- Advanced Hydraulic Fracturing - AHF
- Formation Damage: Causes, Prevention, and Remediation - FD