Controls and Safety Instrumented Systems Fundamentals
About the Skill Module
This skill module extends the learning from the SIS, Monitoring, and Control Core module. There will be some sizing calculations and discussion of common instrumentation and types of control valves, with their advantages and disadvantages. Learning will be applied to the example facility.
Target AudienceFacilities/process engineers, as well as engineers and operations staff involved in process safety and asset integrity.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Explain control valve sizing and selection for some common applications
- Explain the advantages, disadvantages, and typical applications of commonly used instrumentation
- Explain the application of commonly used process control techniques
- Explain how a Safety Instrumented System (Emergency Shutdown System) is applied in facility design, using the logic which was introduced in the Core module
- Apply the learning to the example facility