Instrumentation Selection for Oil and Gas Applications (Pressure, Temperature)
About the Skill Module
This module focuses on temperature and pressure devices that are critical in detecting and preventing abnormal conditions, which may result in a loss of containment and/or safety events.
Facilities and Project Engineers as well as newly graduated Electrical, Controls and Instrument Engineers (0‐5 years) with a need to improve basic understanding of instrumentation and control systems within oil and gas facilities.
You Will Learn
You will learn how to:
- Review the fundamental principles of temperature measurement
- Describe the correct application and installation of RTDs, thermocouples, and thermistors
- Describe the requirements for specifying thermowells
- Review the basics of radiation thermometry
- Describe the working principles of the main types of mechanical pressure measurement and their applications
- Describe the features of multi variable pressure transmitters